What service does WiO provide?
WiOffer, LLC, (“WIO”) allows you to safely engage with your with your favorite legacy media brands (TV, Radio, Print, Out-of-Home or In-store) to receive additional information from that media brand directly on your mobile device. By using WiO SMS text, you are able to receive a unique WiO link which when clicked brings you to a WiO Action Page located on our secured WiO servers. From the WiO Action Page, you can select at your convenience where and when you choose to engage directly with your favorite media brand. Once you engaged with your favorite media brand for the first time, you can return to the WiO Action page either through your browser or through the unique WiO link in your messenger to re-visit.
GDPR and TCPA Compliant
WiO is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) compliant. This means we take your privacy information seriously. We provide any and all transparency to you while maintaining the highest security standard for your Personal Identifiable information.
Opt-Out & Opt-In
To Opt-Out in receiving WiO offers, Text STOP to 77009. To resume receiving WiO offers, Text UNSTOP to 77009. To get assistance, Text HELP to 77009.
To access your “MyWiO’s” on your Mobile device to do the following:
TEXT: MyWiO TO: 77009
Then tap the Green Heart icon on the bottom left of the page or use the Dropdown Menu above right and click on “MyWiO”.
(You do not need your cellphone or provide a or password to access MyWiO.)
What information do we collect?
- When you text a WiO keyword to WiO, we receive your wireless phone number.
- Each time you text a WiO keyword to WiO, you are opting-in to receive one WiO text response which includes a link to a WiO Action Page located on our secured WiO servers.
- When you first send WiO a text message to WiO we automatically register you with WiO. We assign you a unique WiO ID and a unique Session ID which is used to track your activity within the WiO Action Page on WiO servers.
- When you arrive at a WiO Action Page we request to use your GEO location in which you have an option to decline.
- Each time you engage with a WiO Action Page we track your IP address.
What information we DO NOT collect?
- We do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information including social security numbers and /or credit card information.
- WiO does not provide promotions or allow you to purchase items from WiO on WiO servers.
What information do we track?
- When you use WiO SMS and the WiO Action Page we track the following:
- Each WiO Keyword you texted to WiO, each WiO Action Page visit (Action Page Hyperlink Clicks), the Date and Time Stamp when you visited, your IP address, your GEO location (based on your approval), and any of WiO Action Page actions you clicked.
- If you click on any of the actions on located on the WiO Action Page you may be taken to your favorite media brand site or receive information from your favorite brand. If you visit your favorite media brand WiO does not track your activity there unless the provider sends WiO feedback through a pixel or other method that indicates a sale or lead in which you agree.
What do we use your information for?
- The information we collect is used for generating reports on an aggregate basis which includes what media brands users engaged with and which actions users clicked-on.
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our ability to allow you receive a targeted Action Pages about your favorite brand (we continually strive to improve our service based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- We may contract with an approved GDPR third party data source which has approved information about you to enhance our service offering or your favorite media brand offering.
How do we protect your information?
WiO DOES NOT provide, share or sell your wireless number to any media brand or third party. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your wireless number and your activity on WiO servers. Your wireless number, and any user name and passwords are immediately encrypted and stored in separate servers with access only through an internal VPN connection which is secured with firewalls, SSH keys, and accessed through encrypted SSL/TLS. We employ Service Auditing Encryption and File Auditing and Intrusion Detection Systems. Only a few key WiO employees have secured administrator access to WiO data. We never provide your wireless number to any of the media brands for further communication. However, you can opt-in directly on their website to do so and have your favorite media brand communicate with you directly.
What information do we provide to your favorite media brand?
We provide password protected WiO reporting to your favorite media brand, and or their represented agency or company, which indicates on an aggregate basis information about activity including when and where users text WiO keywords and any actions on the WiO Action Page users clicked for that media brand only.
Push Messaging and Text Messaging
Other than your initial opt-in text to WiO and WiO’s initial response, we will not text your or communicate with you unless you agree to further opt-in for such communication.
About Action Page Links
WiO Action Page’s link to third party sites which have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
This policy was last modified on October 1, 2019.
Email: [email protected]